11.14.2009

I am my mother's child...

Remember when you were a kid and your parent's parents or family were coming into town and your mom insisted on cleaning obsessively? I HATED that. I never understood, and I definitely did not enjoy being forced to help clean every nook and cranny of the house.

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I found myself madly cleaning my already clean apartment in anticipation of my family coming over for lunch tomorrow. Will they really look inside my shower to see if it has been scrubbed recently? Will they notice that I rinsed out the trash can or that I dusted off every owl in my entertainment center, steam cleaned my carpet and washed my duvet cover? Probably not. It's semi-scary when you realize you are becoming your parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment