8.12.2010

Save Your Scissors

I met with my neurologist for the first time today and two things have come from this:
1) He wants me to eat more salt... how often do you hear someone say that? Doing this could help me retain more water and maybe help my blood pressure. So, the plan is for me to get the nutritional value menu from restaurants and pick out the worst, most sodium packed item on the menu. Hahah, I don't know how my compliance will be on this one. I buy everything unsalted even butter!

2) I am going to be scheduled for an EEG to look at the electrical activity in my brain.


If nothing comes of this then I will probably be done. No more tests, no more doctors visits. No answers. Fine by me as long as I live a long and happy life.

After my appointment today I went down the street to license Bruiser with Orange County. This of course was done at an animal shelter so I had to go look at the dogs. Emotional break down/cry fest number one. Yes, tears were actually streaming down my face in public. My heart just breaks seeing all of these cute animals begging to be let out, knowing that so many of them will be euthanized before finding a home. I was a hot mess, make-up and nose running. Guh.

I then went home and received an email regarding the Boston Terrier that I put in an application to rescue from Boston Buddies. I am being denied the application process because I am 3 months away from being 25. Emotional breakdown/cry fest number two. There are not too many things more offensive to me than someone not knowing me AT ALL and telling me that because I'm 24 that I am not a responsible adult. Hellllllo, I am a Registered Nurse and have been for 2 years! I take care of critically ill children! I live on my own, pay my bills and am completely self-sufficient! I have raised Bruiser by myself from a puppy for the last four years! My real frustration is that I am being denied the interview and home visit required to even meet the dog, there are SO many people over the age of 25 who would not give these dogs a good home! Trust me, I told them all of this in a very nice and respectful e-mail response.

2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with you, I do not think age should be a determining factor for finding a loving home for a life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the failed application. I hate it when things like that happen. There is no way people can be judged purely on their age. I hope they give you another chance after your birthday x

    ReplyDelete