9.01.2010

Dreams ---> Reality

I don't know if any of you remember this post or even this post but exactly four months ago I put in application to be a volunteer nurse with Operation Smile and have been waiting and waiting to hear back. Well, I finally got approved to work with them as a recovery nurse!!! Now I request up to three missions and hope that I get selected for one (they're only allowed to take a certain percentage of newbies). My choices:

Fes, Morocco (March 2011)



Amman, Jordan (March 2011)



Guwahati, India (February 2011)



(An OS patient on a past trip to Guwahati)

They form their teams 3-6 months before the missions so I could start hearing from them any time. If I don't get selected by December then I have to request three others. I'm sure getting on your first mission takes a while but I am willing to wait patiently!

3 comments:

  1. congrats! thats so awesome! praying you get to go on one fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!!! if you get picked for jordan.. stop by lebanon and let my family feed you ! hahah but no really thats amazing ! keeping my fingers crossed for you <3

    ReplyDelete