11.23.2010

Guwahati, Assam, India here I come!!

I just found out that I am officially confirmed to go to India in February!! I will be there recovering patient's from surgeries for 12 days. It takes over 24 hours of flying to get to Guwahati which is in the Indian state of Assam.

Assam is nestled inside the Himalayas! I got this fortune on Friday:


I know it is pretty much impossible to read but it says "Soon you will be sitting on top of the world"

I put the fortune in my wallet, in front of my license because Assam is just to east of Nepal... you know... where Mount Everest is! I am truly feeling on top of the world right now!

 I have to run to work now and confirm my vacation time then await all the info that will be coming in my email. International visa? How do I get that?! I guess I'll find out!! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! This is going to be a wonderful opportunity (like you didn't know!) and you're going to be able to help so many people!

    Congrats! It's crazy that it's so soon and you just found out, but that kind of makes it all the more exciting!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaya!!!! so happy for you ! i knew you would get it!! lets hang out soon and celebrate! woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am SO happy for you! can't wait to hear your stories from India and to see the lives you touch :) x

    ReplyDelete