11.24.2010

Happy Thanksgiving: A recipe and an outfit


I am a day early on my well wishings because I work the next two days, of course! Here is a yummy recipe for Pumpkin Chili (Veggie friendly!) that I am currently making for the potluck tomorrow

Ingredients

2 tablespoons Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled & thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper , seeded & chopped
3 large jalapeno chilies, minced
1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes with added puree
4 cups of water
1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
1 15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
1 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
1/2 cup brown rice or millet (I usually end up using 3/4 cup since I love rice)
2 tablespoon of lemon juice
5 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 tablespoons chili powder (depending on your taste preference) 
1 1/2-2 tsp ground cumin (depending on your taste)
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups of organic pumpkin* (trader joes/whole foods)
*I use all organic produce since I am very sensitive to pesticides (can we say swollen lips & tongue?)

Directions
Heat olive oil in large stew pot over medium heat
Add onion, carrots, red bell peppers and jalapenos
 Saute about 8 minutes
Add tomatoes, pumpkin, 4 cups of water, beans, millet/rice, lemon juice, garlic and spices
Bring to boil.. Reduce heat uncovered for about 20 mins.. stirring often



Tastes even better the next day!

Today Ryan and I took his nephew up to Pinion Hills to my sister's house. We hung out and played with my niece and nephews, watched A Christmas Story and then ate mashed potatoes and meatloaf in honor of the movie! It was a great day! Here is the outfit I wore (picture taken by my six year old niece)

I am contemplating burning it because last time I wore it in public it attracted a lot of unwanted attention and I am not a fan of that at all! 


Here is my niece, a spitting image of her Auntie


I hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow!! 



3 comments:

  1. love, love that skirt!! made sure to add your button my dearie. :)
    BTW, those star wars sheets you have, we have them too for my son! LOVE THEM!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete