2.09.2011

Mission Day 1- Flyyyying

HI all! SO the internet here is only so-so. I am actually awake at 4am and using it. I couldn't sleep tonight! So here are some archives of the past few days! ALso, blogger is being very slow with photos so I apologize for the lack thereof.

I made it safely to Delhi! It is always an interesting experience traveling for me and today wasn’t any different. I started my day off by throwing up in the middle of the terminal at the LAX. Yah. I did that. I gagged on the oatmeal I was eating and luckily was able to grab an empty fast food bag and barfed right on into it. So weird because I can't even tell you the last time I gagged on food! Anyways, everything else was nice and easy after that. The flight to Chicago was a breeze. I met up with Bryant, a nurse from Los Angeles at LAX. We ate some food at Chicago O’Hare then flew straight to Delhi! That flight was tolerable. I slept for about 6 hours, watched one and a half movies and read a lot! I did manage to finish The Hunger Games on the three flights. It was really good and I can’t wait to read the other too. The man sitting next to me was not nice at all. He refused to change seats so someone I knew could sit next to me and was very drunk! The flight would have been awesome had I gotten to sit next to someone else from Operation Smile (there were about 20 of us on that flight)

We landed in Delhi around 10pm and went to the hotel for the night after a few different flights landed. I honestly didn’t experience any level of culture shock that night (maybe because it was dark). Although, I was surprised to see armed guards all over the airport with VERY large guns. The mattress that night was, hands down, the hardest mattress I’ve ever slept on. Anyone who knows me, knows this doesn’t matter. I slept like a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment