4.24.2011

Coachella.... So good. So bad.

I had my very first experience with Coachella last weekend. It took me quite a while to recover from the mind boggling amount of successful people watching I did. I wish I was nervy enough to take pictures of the real gems but, alas, I am a timid girl. A vast majority of girls were wearing bathing suits or less when they really shouldn't be. People are still too cool for sunscreen and hydration. Ecstasy is not only for teenagers and 100 degree sunshine does not stop a house music tent from being packed brim to brim with attendees who are rolling at 11am.

It was an experience.

On the first day I enjoyed: Cee Lo Green for the 15 minutes he got to play, Lauryn Hill, Cold War Kids, SLEIGH BELLS, and The Black Keys. Kings of Leon

Saturday went something like: Freelance Whales, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, Delta Spirit, Erykah Badu, Bright Eyes, Animal Collective, Arcade Fire, Mumford and Sons and The Swell Season. With dancing in between in the rave tent. Because I couldn't resist.

Sunday: City and Colour, Chromeo, Jimmy Eat World, The National, Kanye West and so many I know I am forgetting.

It was such a fun weekend of crazy long nights!







Super high tech wristbands.

Eff the walk.

Dandelions and balloons. Coachella art.


Birthday girl Anne celebrates her birthday.


Oh Dallas.

Insane amounts of dancing

2 comments:

  1. These are all great pics - it looked like SO much fun, and the weather looked perfect for it!
    -allison

    ReplyDelete