5.24.2011

Indian Living (on the lychee express)

A question I've gotten many times over this week is if it is hard to live here. My answer is no, it is not hard but it is different. I've been asked where I go shopping for groceries and I love what I get to describe. There are no grocery stores. There are little walk-up shops that sell some items like soap, toothpaste, sugar, eggs, butter, milk.



 Otherwise, we go to different out door markets for 'grocery' items. This morning I went to the fruit market and bought the most delicious fruit for breakfast.




Apparently the fruit market also is the lock market

Breakfast went a little something like this:






Fresh fruits and veggies all the time. So good!!!

7 comments:

  1. I suppose by going out daily to get your food for mealtimes makes you grow with the community a bit more. Seeing familiar faces and thinking for the present day instead of a weekly shop being over and done with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit India! I'm so jealous that you got to move there... and look at the FOOD. Amazing-looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that lychee? I love that fruit. I dream of going to India....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog throug "Sometimes sweet" and now I need some more time to dig deeper. Can't wait to read all about your adventures... Be prepared for a zillion questions. ;-)

    Here's to a good week. XO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Sometimes Sweet I found your blog and was here a grand total of 30 seconds before I knew I wanted to follow you. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you say its not difficult to live in india, just different :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I too found your blog through Sometimes Sweet, and I just had to follow because India is tip-top of my Exotic Places I Dream of Visiting List! Plus, you work for Project Smile? Amazing. Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete