8.02.2011

I'm off... almost

See you guys in a few weeks! I am off to adventure around a different part of the country until late August! I can't believe I am half way through my original planned stay here and that I am getting to take my holiday. I have been figuring out how to buy train tickets and learning that 2AC is the way to go. It will be my first train experience and it will be memorable I am sure. On the roster:


1. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. I am so excited to visit this holiest of cities. Lots of walks up and down the ghats are what I plan to do.

2. Rishikesh, Uttarkkhand for some really laid back walks and maybe even some adventures in the Ganges. Quite a bit of the White Album by The Beatles was written while the guys were staying at an ashram here in the late 60s :)

3. Manali, Himachal Pradesh. I plan on being outdoors the WHOLE time I am here. Except to sleep a little bit at night. There will be hot water springs for bathing, waterfalls and maybe some air time if the weather is okay for paragliding. 

4. Dharamsala/McLeod Ganj, Himachal Pradesh which is where the Dalai Lama and Tibetan government live. I am hoping to be able to meet up with my fellow blogger friend's friend (Did you follow that?) Tsomo who lives in that area. If you can't tell, my main goal is to get out of the city environment for a little quiet time. Hope I'm able to do just that!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic itinerary! Best of luck for your travels, I do hope you can keep us posted on your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure!
    You are so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete