11.06.2011

Things I Think You Need to Know but Probably Don't

-My hair is getting so long that it becomes a strangling hazard when I lay down because it wraps around my neck. Does anyone else with long hair experience this? How do you know you won't asphyxiate yourself when rolling over in your sleep?

-I realized last week that the comment "You look really young" or "You look like a child" has become a compliment as opposed to the insult it was when I was 18 and desperate for people to realize that I was a 'real life adult.' This means I am aging.

-I still have weak ankles. I'll just be standing in one place and roll my ankle. I think they're buckling more often because I weigh the most I ever have in my life.

-I weigh the most I have ever weighed in my life. Don't waste your time assuming this is a complaint because it's not, it's awesome. I am trying to gain 2-3 more pounds. The local nurses I work with say it is all going to my face and my stomach. They also told me that I probably wish it would go to my chest and my bum but that it won't.

-My older sister is about to pop out her third child (by birth) which will soon make me an Auntie x4. I asked her to please set up a laptop with a camera so I can watch via Skype. I think she said no, but I'm not really sure. In my defense, I've seen the other two born.

-Since the cat is already out of the bag, I am heading to CA for a visit in early December. I have 8 days and about 236 people I want to see. I mean not that I am counting or anything but... 34 days away.

-I want to re-design my blog layout but have zero interweb bedazzling capabilities. If only there were an app for that.

-Did I mention I am going to CA in December? Did I mention that my little sister is coming back with me to India for a few weeks?!?!?!?!? Because she totally is! I dream every day of sharing this place, my life with someone I love and I will finally get to!

-For anyone reading this whom I get to hang out with on my visit I give you two three warnings:
     1. I am guaranteed to be super jet legged. Traveling backwards in time is really difficult, okay? Last time I came back from India I fell asleep mid-conversation with my best friend. I also told my (then) boyfriend at noon that I was recovered from jet leg, fell asleep an hour later and woke up 9 hours later.
     2. I may be emotional. This is partially related to #1 but mostly because I am just emotional. Expect tearing up and touches of anxiety here and there.
     3. I will be food-focused. I want to see you. But I may want to eat while I'm doing it. Places on the old radar: The Wheel of Life, Native Foods, Veggie Grill, Buffalo Wild Wings, Del Taco, Tranquil Tea Lounge, and um, well any thing my mom and dad cook sounds really wonderful right about now!

-I've been living in India for six months. SIX months! It passed so quickly, I am so ready for 6 more!

-I will end this with three random photos:


I get to watch the sun set over the Brhamaputra every night

This little lady is crazy special to me

To a T

5 comments:

  1. I have hair that reaches my calves, so obviously I've had long hair for quite a while. I've honestly never considered a strangulation risk, though I am conscious of it when I sleep with my children. I almost always have my hair braided into pigtails when I go to sleep though, because if I didn't it would be one giant mass when I woke up. Perhaps you could braid your hair at night to alleviate worries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to hate it when people told me that i looked young. now that i'm 27, i LOVE that people assume i'm in my early 20s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really weak 'insert all joints ever'. Especially when it's cold out. Ankles definitely roll in the event of stairs and small inclines. And I don't think you look young in a bad way. I think people mean fresh. You look fresh. Mostly because you don't seem to bother with unnecessary hair and make-up things, which is typically for "grown-up" ladies. ...but also most 14 year olds? Okay scrap that analogy. I also look much younger than I am. And I don't think the fact that I'm drinking chocolate milk out of an electronic Moo Mixer cup right now is really helping haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I love the last picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind, but I wrote a little something about you on my blog today! http://princess-sputnik.blogspot.com/2011/11/30-days-hath-november-day-sixteen.html

    ReplyDelete