1.07.2012

Rajasthan: In Pictures

After spending the day in Agra, Annie and I boarded an overnight train and headed for Pushkar in the desert state of Rajasthan. It was beautiful! Annie spent her 18th birthday here... sick in bed. We ate some bad food and she had a one day illness. So glad it didn't turn into anything more. I quite enjoyed Pushkar! 


 Annie's first mahendi

 What a fancy camel!


Pushkar Lake


 Monkeys up to no good!

After a few days In Pushkar we headed by train to the very popular city of Jaipur. Jaipur was a crazy big city. Annie and I walked tons all over and spent Christmas Eve dancing on the roof top of our hotel. What a unique night it was! Jaipur was full of bazaars with beautiful fabrics; so beautiful that I purchased a saree, a lahenga style saree and a dupatta! I was in love with the colors and vibrancy of the city as a whole. It was packed with people though and lots of travelers means lots of touts which gets tiring by the end of the journey! Coming back to relatively quiet Guwahati was a huge relief.


Hawa Mahal




 Amber Palace/fort



My dupatta :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having so much fun with your sister, seriously. Also? India is doing wonders for you girl, you look so great in your pictures and in the clothes from there!

    (I haven't commented in a while but I've been keeping up!) but I can't imagine how hard it was to go home for a bit and then leave all over again. Hopefully spending time with your sis is lots of fun, can't wait to see what else you girls get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The henna art is so pretty!

    How magical to get to travel this country you're so in love with, with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I admire your posts on the phenomenal work you are doing out htere, I'd just like to mention that I also enjoying reading abou tyour day-to-day-life as well! You are experiencing things a lot of us can only dream of, and what a wonderful opportunity for your sister to come and visit you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's SO PRETTY EVERYWHERE. That peacock building!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @imlivinginadream Thank you so much!! Seriously feel so good and happy here!

    @nova The peacock building was my favorite. I want to replicate that archway in my own home someday... juuust kidding... or am I?!?

    ReplyDelete