5.10.2012

Being in California has been a whirlwind so far! Besides people that live in other parts of the state/country, I have gotten to spend time with everyone I have hoped to and still have more time to go! I had a laundry list of things to take care of and am slowly but surely crossing things off:

Empty storage unit
Hold a "not quite an estate sale" sale 
Squeeze your nieces and nephews
Start visa process
Complete visa process
Arrange visits to Colorado/Missouri/San Francisco
Go to Colorado/Missouri/San Francisco
Send in the hard drive you broke during your first time using it
Re-register your car in preparation to sell it (turned into re-insure it, try and smog it, be told you have to drive it 150 miles, drive 150 miles, re-smog it, re-register it, give your brother in-law 5% commission for selling it for you because the process has worn you out thus far)
Sell car (less the 5% you now owe to your oh-so-kind brother in law)
See your father's play
Speak at CHOC Children's
Sell your Wii
File taxes
Speak to mom's class
Soak up a bit of Vitamin D
Spend a lot of time with those you love (ongoing, it will never be enough, right?)

My allergies are going crazy, that so far has been the only downside to my visit! 


4 comments:

  1. Uh, you might want to hurry up and file those taxes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncle Greg helped me! I did file for an extension so I'm not in trouble!

      Delete
  2. I think some are confused as to your next "stage" of life...I had a little update in India! Loved my three weeks there ( except for the excruciating heat!) , the surgeons and locals are awesome, your very lucky to work with such a good group of people!
    I will definitely return there, maybe in a different month, when it's cooler! Enjoy your time with your family, we will be in touch! xxoo K

    ReplyDelete