5.02.2012

Wordless

I have sat down multiple times to share with you about how my last Sunday before heading to states to get a new visa went. Honestly, I just can't seem to describe the multitude of emotions that I felt that day. 


The pediatricians were able to come with us. They weighed, photographed and made a little chart for every child. 



After being seen by the pediatrician, they came and received their plate of food, squatted down and enjoyed it. 

Then we all hung out with one another. I shared with the children I have grown closest to that I had to leave but that I would be coming back and that every Sunday still they would be fed. Some of the younger ones cried, some of the older ones looked hurt. So I told them to count 5 Sundays and that is when I would be back... 

We took pictures, and held hands and hugged and hugged and hugged.




On my part there was a lot of laughter, too many tears and an indescribable moment of stepping back and taking everything in. All of the change, good and bad. All of the beauty interwoven with the pain. All of the hope that doesn't come without uncertainty. All of the proof that the more you give over of yourself in the service of the world (wherever you may be), the closer you come to understanding who you truly are... 

3 comments:

  1. i got chills reading this. you have an amazing heart. those kids are so lucky to have you, just as you are so lucky to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring. You really do have an amazing hard, like the other commenter said. I know you're doing such incredible things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, it's not often you get to see sights like this (out of sight out of mind, right?). This is heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing, hey.

    ReplyDelete